The only route, is the one you already sailed, not the programme you had before leaving. This is one of the sea-laws. How many change shall we make due to the wind, to the sea conditions, or to the people we will meet? So many... That’s why the route programme, when sailing, is just an idea, an hypothesis, and we only know that we will sail along Mediterranean, Black and Red Sea, and outside, in the Atlantic Ocean, toward Portugal, for five years. That’s all.
Here following, our estimate route of the entire trip. Then take a look to the route of the next months, a little more precise.
We will sail along: Grecia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia Erzegovina, Croazia, Slovenia, Istria (already sailed untill here), Italia (Marche, Abruzzo, Puglia from May 2014), Grecia, Turchia, Georgia, Russia, Ucraina, Romania, Bulgaria, Turchia, Dodecaneso (Greek Islands, Turchia south west and south), Siria, Libano, Israele, Stato della Palestina, Egitto (Red Sea), Giordania (Aqaba), Cipro, Creta, Egitto, Malta, Italia, (Sicilia and Pelagic Island), Libia, Tunisia, Algeria, Marocco, Gibilterra, Portogallo, Spagna, Francia, Principato di Monaco, Corsica, Sardegna, Sicilia, Italian west coast, Genoa (end of the trip, more or less 2019).
From nearly half of May (estimated official start), the “precise” route will be:
• Start from San Benedetto del Tronto nearly May, 17th.
• Sailing along Marche, Abruzzo, Molise, Puglia, to Otranto, where we will cross the Adriatic Sea to Diapontine Arcipelago, and from there to Ionian Islands (from Corù to Paxos, Lefkada, Meganisi, Zacinto), then the Peloponneso coast to Methoni, Venetiko, Capo Tenaro, to be in Kithyra nearly June, 10th.
• From that period, sail along the Peloponneso gulfs to Nauplion, Ydra, Poros, Capo Sunion, and from there start circling Ciclades clockwise:
• Kea, Tinos, Mikonos, Paros, Nasso, Keros, Amorgos, Ios, Sikinos, Folegandros, Milos, Sifnos, Serifos, Kythnos, and the Egina Gulf for the first stop in Athens nearly around August, 30th.
• Beginning of October we'll leave again with the bow to Istanbul via Capo Sunion, Eubea’s Channel, Sporades arcipelagus, Calcidica Peninsula, Tassos etc. We planned to be in Istanbul next Dicember, first days.
Here it is, approximately, the picture of our route from half of May to Dicember 2014: